Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes login/password not working

I was watching the World Series tonight and downloading new apps on my iPad. All of the sudden, my login or password stopped working. I tried my iMac and the same issue. So I logged out, then chose "forgot my password" and changed it.

Still get the same error message that either my ID or password are not correct.

Should I just wait to see if it magically fixes itself? Other ideas? I see from other threads that iTunes support staff isn't being very helpful. And yes, I'm entering them correctly.

Hope the good folks in Cupertino are seeing this and other posts like it alerting you to a problem.

Posted on Oct 27, 2011 10:26 PM

40 replies

Oct 27, 2011 10:32 PM in response to GDC

Try resetting your Apple iD password > Apple - My Apple ID

Then restart your iPad.

Hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button down until the red slider appears. Slide your finger across the slider to turn off iPhone. To turn iPhone back on, press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

I see from other threads that iTunes support staff isn't being very helpful

This is a user to user forum. You're not communicating Apple staff. We are volunteers. We may not have all the answers but we do try to contribute where we can. Apple Support Communities - Terms of Use

Oct 27, 2011 10:35 PM in response to GDC

I'm having the exact same problem trying to purchase an app on the Australian iTunes store.

Getting same problem on my Mac (leopard) ,my iPad (IOS 4) and my iPhone (ios5). I was able to make purchases and/or updates directly on all 3 devices yesterday with no problems.

I haven't touched my Apple ID password and yet it keeps saying that my password or apple ID is incorrect.

However when I go to the manage Apple ID page: https://appleid.apple.com, all my details are fine and it allows me to log in using my existing apple ID and password.

Oct 27, 2011 10:35 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Carolyn...sorry, wasn't talking about this community being unhelpful. I've read threads where people have emailed Apple about this and Apple is not helpful. They are saying make sure you type in your password correctly.

And someone at Apple has to be monitoring these boards. It's business situational awareness. Makes sense they don't participate, but there's no way they are not monitoring what's being said and noting trends, etc.

iTunes login/password not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.