Skip navigation

How can I merge 'On my mac' with 'iCloud'?

184 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 28, 2011 3:04 AM by TimK RSS
TimK Level 2 Level 2 (230 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 28, 2011 2:59 AM

I don't know why, but Address Book on my work MacMini has sprouted an extra list, so that it now has an 'iCloud' list and an 'On My Mac' list. This has only happened on this computer, not my iphone or my home computer.
Over the past few days I have spent a lot of time sorting out my contacts: deleting some and adding a lot. It seems that some of these changes have been made to the 'On my Mac' list, and some to the 'iCloud' list. And only the 'iCloud' list has been synced to iCloud.com and my other computers.
I didn't notice this till yesterday morning. The general advice I have found on the internet is just to delete all the addresses in the 'On My Mac' list, and it will go away. But if I do that, then I'll lose all the changes and additions that I made that were recorded on that list. So I don't know what to do about it. I don't particularly want to have to go through the lists and synchronise them manually. It would take ages.

Does anyone have any advice? I think I should be able to contact Apple about this, but there doesn't seem to be any way.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.