Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Order Prints" didn't complete, what should I do now?

Last night I tried to use the "Order Prints" feature in Aperture 3 on a single order of about 150 images. After about an hour of very slow uploading, I got a connection failure message. As soon as I dismissed it, the uploading screen disappeared as well with no indication as to where it left off or what to do next.

I checked my e-mail, but no confirmation came through so I tried the Order Prints option again and got the following message:

"Your prints order is not complete

Your prints are still being sent to the publisher. You cannot place another order until you have been notified that the current order is complete."

I checked the Activity window, but Aperture had nothing to offer. No processing, no uploading, nothing. So next I tried searching here, but only came up with one other post. That person got the identical message that I did (yay!) and managed to resolve the issue (yay again!) but declined to say how (boo!). Even our friend Google had nothing to offer.

I then tried putting my MacBook Air to sleep, and waking it up again to see if that might prompt a reconnection, but no such luck. So I thought, "OK, let's restart Aperture and see if that kicks the process into gear again." But Aperture warned me that my order was still being sent to the publisher, and was I sure that I wanted to cancel. Humbug. Not what I wanted to see at all.

What should I do next? I'm afraid to quit/force-quit Aperture in case it loses all of the details of my order (my wife's order, really. She's the one who put in the time to make her selections and how many of each size, etc.). Does Apple have an Aperture Support e-mail I can try?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 13" Ultimate

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 8:38 AM

Can't help you directly as I never ordered prints from Apple but this site http://store.apple.com/us/help/print_products might help.

good luck

6 replies

Oct 28, 2011 11:46 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Thanks, Frank.

Unfortunately their support site doesn't seem to cover this specific problem.

I guess there's always their customer service line. I have a feeling calling them up and walking through the problem may take just as long or longer than recreating the order. I'm tempted to just force-quit Aperture and see what happens when I relaunch it.

Doug

Nov 1, 2011 6:01 AM in response to DougS79

After updating to Aperture 3.2.1, rebooting, and various other attempts to re-order my prints through Aperture, I'm still unsuccessful.

Last night I took a look at the Console log, and saw that something call com.aladdin.hasplmd.[xxxx] (where xxxx is a different number in each line) was crashing over and over again. I found some posts in this thread that said it has something to do with X-Rite's beta display calibration software for OSX Lion and to delete the following file: com.aladdin.hasplmd.plist

So after deleting the file, and trying my order again, there are no more crash reports in Console. The upload, however, was taking forever! It had been about an hour and a half, and it wasn't even halfway complete. I force-quit Aperture because that seemed a little ridiculous.

Does anyone with experience ordering prints through Aperture know if this is normal? I've got about 170 pictures that I'm ordering multiple 4x6 prints of, 120 of which are 18MP RAW files. The rest are 5MP iPhone shots, minus one that's a PSD. I did a bit of a rough estimate for files size, and if Aperture is uploading every image in its current file size, it would be a little over 3GB of data. Surely Aperture must be "flattening" (for lack of a better term coming to mind at the moment) my images into something more manageable, right?

Does anyone have any insight into this, or should I just call up Apple? I really like the convenience of clicking "order prints" from within Aperture, and not having to bother exporting, logging-in to some other printing website and then uploading everything. But if it takes 3 to 4 hours each time, I don't think it's worth it. I'm using a laptop, so it seems that I have to mess around with the energy saver settings in order to prevent the computer from going to sleep in that amount of time as well.

For now, I've exported everything out as jpeg and imported into iPhoto and I'll try ordering from there. That is not my ideal situation though. I really want to order right from within Aperture. It's actually one of the little reasons why I switched over from Lightroom.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Doug

Aug 21, 2013 5:42 AM in response to estnyboer

Just wanted to say that I've now experienced this exact scenario as well. I'm on Aperture 3.4.5 on OSX 10.8.4. I started a relatively small upload last night (maybe 50 pictures) and let it run. Before I knocked off for the night, I noticed the progress bar was all the way at the end. When I came back in the morning, I saw an error message about the network connection being dropped or some such. I received no e-mail confirmation and now, when I try to re-order the prints, I get the same dialog that others on this thread have metioned, saying that my "prints order is not complete".

"Order Prints" didn't complete, what should I do now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.