Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Again with the battery problems, 9% drop every hour of standby

I, like many of you have had the same battery problems, but to an extreme

I've owned every apple product and mobile device and have never seen a battery problem like this

After using every trick I know turning everything on and off to test difference I consistently lose about 8-9% of battery every hour while I'm on STANDBY.

There is no solution for the problem and I would love for apple to contact me and take a look at my phone because I think I may have one of the most extreme cases out there.

I get that turning on new features and wireless services takes up batter life but there is no reason for me to have a $400 smart phone that I cannot use for my work day and have to worry about charging every few hours, right now I wish I could go back to my iPhone 4 with iOS 4.

Another issue I seem to be having and I can't find any other 4s that I've held with the same problem is the temperature issues. While charging or using my phone to browse the Internet the phone gets so hot that it really is uncomfortable to hold. None of my other phones have done that at all and I wonder if the two hisses are in any way related.

At this point I don't know what I should do but if the issues persist I'm going to have to leave apple smart phones because they cannot work like phones are supposed to.

Anyone else have issue as extreme as mine?

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 28, 2011 1:07 PM

If you've set up your 4S by restoring from previous model the problem could be in corrupted backup download from iCloud - phone tries to connect it all the time. So check the Other data size in the phone - if it has balooned, it was the problem. Try to set up your phone again.

Also it was a great solution for my phone - deleting Exchange account, battery now drains as it should - slowly.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 28, 2011 1:07 PM in response to MLeardo

If you've set up your 4S by restoring from previous model the problem could be in corrupted backup download from iCloud - phone tries to connect it all the time. So check the Other data size in the phone - if it has balooned, it was the problem. Try to set up your phone again.

Also it was a great solution for my phone - deleting Exchange account, battery now drains as it should - slowly.

Oct 29, 2011 9:06 AM in response to In_Brighton

As you should, there is no reason for you to spend that much money on a phone that you can't use for the email and for the things that you need. It's really sad that apple even suggests turning off all of these features just to get the phone to last for a day. There is obviously a problem if many of the other phones are fine on battery life even with 4g (namely android) and apple can't even handle features over 3G. I'm very disappointed in this apple product and it's making me consider a switch and to rethink why I think apple products are the best. This phone is a nightmare

Oct 29, 2011 9:13 AM in response to MLeardo

Apple is now acting like Microsoft - let the consumers be the beta testers. This battery thing is a nighmare, I have already told multiple friends not to get the new 4s because the battery is terrible. The other problem is the wifi. The 4s loses wifi and then you have to reboot to get it back.

I have my 4s setup pretty much the same as my ipad 2 and i dont have these problems on the ipad 2. I read someplace that apple has no clue as to the problems. If i had not sold my 4 on ebay, i would return this 4s.

Oct 29, 2011 9:20 AM in response to tbsp

I'm in the exact same boat, my iPad does not have any problem like this on wifi or on AT&T so I don't know why the phone should be acting like this.

I also sold my iPhone 4 on eBay and I wish I could go back at this point. As far as I'm concerned I wasted a lot of money on a product that I do not like.

Again with the battery problems, 9% drop every hour of standby

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.