Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opinions on Belkin Wireless G Plus Router

I just purchased a used Powerbook (G4, 1.33GHz with Airport Extreme card) and am ready to try wireless networking at home. I'm wondering about routers, specifically the Belkin Wireless G Plus. From my experience Belkin is fairly Mac friendly.

Thanks for your help.

G4 MDD 1.25GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on Jan 31, 2006 8:16 PM

4 replies

Feb 1, 2006 3:08 AM in response to jtfey

I run 3 of those here using 2 as wireless bridge to expand my network to different parts of the house etc. They run pretty good and my mac mini had no problems with it.

Note if you only have an airport and other non G+ wireless cards to can get away cheaper by getting just the G model. All the enhanced G's are mostly vendor specific so in most cases they only work if you buy cards exactly for this router. If not you only get the normal G speed.

Feb 1, 2006 1:14 PM in response to jtfey

It will fully use the standard G and frame bursting mode. Both is supported by the Airport Extreme. The 125 G Plus mode is Belkin specific, so this mode will only work with Belkin G+ cards.

The reason why I got the G+ is that I use them as Wireless Bridge to extend range and I hoped for a better performance between the Routers / Bridges. The problem is when I bought the stuff Belkin said they will issue an update to support this mode between Belkin Routers. The thing is I have those now for over 6 month running and still no patch 😟 So even the Belkin Routers under each other now only talk G in frame bursting mode.

That said, it is still pretty fast and most of all it is reliable. I run this network here now for over 6 month without having to restart a router once and they are some of the cheaper routers that support bridging. So the beauty of them is they can easily grow with you if you have the need to link two or three together. So IMHO they are a good buy.

Opinions on Belkin Wireless G Plus Router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.