Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The project could not be prepared for publishing ... error (-49)

Can somebody help?

iMovie won't export movie in HD 720p. I am getting folowing message:

"The project could not be prepared for publishing because an error occured. (-49)"

After that I tryed to export "Large" movie (960 x 540) and everything was OK!

Movie is 02:00:45 total

Here are system details:

MacBookPro6,2

MacOS X 10.7.2

Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 4 GB

HDD: 500 GB (90 GB Free)

iMovie '11 V: 9.0.4 (1634)

Thank's

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 12:29 AM

10 replies

Nov 8, 2011 9:06 AM in response to iKokie

Try turning off the iCloud Services altogether. Go to Apple Menu > System Preferences... > iCloud

User uploaded file

Click on the Sign Out button. And just continue to click OK through all the messages pop-up until you get back to this login screen:

User uploaded file

Reboot your Mac. Then check to back to see if iCloud is still logged out properly. If it is, then launch iMovie. And immediately try to Export your Project in the HD size that failed with Error -49 previously. There's been some recent speculation and testing of the PhotoStream service that might be the cause and/or Document/Data sharing that's the cause of this problem. Most of these messages were posted as recently as last night and yesterday Nov. 7, 2011

Nov 18, 2011 12:40 AM in response to iKokie

I don't know if this is relevant, but:

Share->Export Movite -> HD 720p don't work, while

Share -> Media Browser -> HD 720p works!

With this option movie is exported inside iMovie Project (you can see with "Show Package Contents").

So, there must be something with permisions.

Thank's to all hwo replyed.

The project could not be prepared for publishing ... error (-49)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.