Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get Twitter to make the "Tweet" sound

Why doesn't Twitter want to "Tweet" on my iPhone4 iOS5 I have been through Settings > Sounds >Tweet and selected "Tweet" as the sound to be used as its rather sweet 😉

Under Settings > Notifications > Twitter sounds are turned ON. But when I get a Twitter Notification the sound produced is the "Tri Tone"

When I post a Tweet there is no sound. Can anyone explain how to get Twitter to "Tweet" the birdy sound?

iPhone 4, Windows 7, Home Premium (32bit) + sp1

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 5:55 AM

22 replies

Jul 5, 2017 3:37 AM in response to Maggirl68

Hi Maggirl68 appreciate your suggestion. Believe me I have tried all sorts of things, even when installed afresh on a new device the "tweet" sound is missing. As I have mentioned before it used to occasionally sound when posting a Tweet from another App, but even that has not happened for a long time now. It seems to be a resident bug 😉

Sep 24, 2012 11:26 PM in response to wendy_is

Not sure it's an Apple bug at all, even on iOS6. I tried making the sound setting for Twitter "none" and STILL got the tri-tone sound when a tweet came in for me. All I can suggest is changing the notification sound for texts, emails etc. to something else so, when that boring tri-tone sound occurs, you know it's a tweet. By the way, I queried Twitter about this but am still waiting for a reply. I won't hold my breath.

Sep 25, 2012 12:13 PM in response to Chas21

I think you're right.

In Settings > Sounds the Tweet option is only for a Tweet being sent. Notifications from Twitter seem to default to the Text Tone set in Settings > Sounds.

It's a bit annoying that there is no option to change the notification sound to differ from your Text Tone (unless I'm really missing something?) I wonder if it's the same with Facebook now that it's integrated?

Sep 26, 2012 1:41 AM in response to Hemslow

Interestingly I never get any sound when I send tweets. Just wish I'd saved a few pennies and not bought tones apps when I thought I could use them for Twitter. I have managed to select a different notification sound for texts, so I'm ok I suppose as I have two different notification sounds rather than one shared by SMS and Twitter. I'm one of those people who likes things to work as they should and worry away at a problem until I find a solution. I'll see if Twitter can offer hope! Not going to hold my breath, though. I find it odd that Apple haven't asked Twitter to sort this out.

Sep 26, 2012 1:53 AM in response to Chas21

Sorry, I'm talking rubbish in my last response. When I say the notifications are defaulting to the Text Tone, I meant Tri-tone, so yes, at least you can change the Text Tone to differ from the Tri-tone Twitter notifications.

Still not sure this is a fault of Twitter, it's integrated to iOS and it's iOS that isn't letting you change the setting for the notifications. Will be interesting to see if Twitter come back to you with anything though.

How can I get Twitter to make the "Tweet" sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.