Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod touch 4g- no music, and apps not working after iOS5 update

Hi, I just updated to IOS 5 on my Ipod touch 4G, and ever since then the music library (in the Ipod) is cleared out, and none of the apps work. It's like it didn't finish updating and transferring back the data to the Ipod. When I go to plug in the Ipod to my macbook, and bring up Itunes, the Itunes program freezes every single time, not allowing me to fix the problem. My Ipod will show up in the side bar of Itunes, with the circular arrows going for a little bit, then the arrows stop in the middle of the process... I go to click on anything in Itunes and immediately get the spinny flywheel on my screen, meaning itunes freezes, and I have to force quit the program everytime. I've tried rebooting my computer a few times, as well as restarting my Ipod, but nothing is working. The internet works on my Ipod, but anything music/app related is 'empty.' I couldn't find anyone else on the net w the same problem, so I might have something unique~

iPod touch, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 8:57 AM

I would try restoring the iPod from backup. If necessary, place the iPod in recovery mode and then restore. For recovery mode:

iPhone and iPod touch: Unable to update or restore

2 replies

Ipod touch 4g- no music, and apps not working after iOS5 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.