Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost all my bought apps and music

So, I just installed Windows on a new SSD. I installed iTunes to install one more app on my iPad, when it started nagging that it wanted to delete all content on it. I told iTunes to not do that, and I started trying out syncing without deleteing everything. At one point iTunes told me it needed to authorize my computer to transfer purchases from the iPad, I tried it repeatedly and it just failed with some "server timeout" or similar error.

I cancelled that process, and authorized manually through the menus, then I tried looking for the option to transfer the purchases again, I couldn't find it, so I disconnected and reconnected the iPad, and continued doing other stuff on the computer while it was doing all the detection etc. ... a few minutes later when I look at iTunes the next time, I notice it's busy deleting all my content.

Now I lost all the apps and music I bought and downloaded for that iPad AND my iPod touch, eventhough I used the same iTunes library folder

and I went to the settings and changed the iTunes library to be the same folder as it was on the previous Windows installation. I tried to re-download by choosing Check for available downloads from the menu, but it just tells me all my purchases have been downloaded.

iPad, Windows 7, iTunes 10.5.0.142

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 10:35 AM

4 replies

Lost all my bought apps and music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.