Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remote control conflict

please help.

Apple TV remote control conflicts with my my Mac mini (iTunes) when both are running

How can I deactivate the remote on the Mac so that I may use the remote

with Apple TV only?

( and can I switch between two units without having to buy a second remote.)

I cannot find the remote in Bluetooth

There is DTV listed but Option to deactivate it isn't visible.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 8:24 AM

You can turn infrared (IR) reception on or off in the Security & Privacy preferences. When you turn on IR reception for your computer, any IR device close to your computer can control it. You can turn IR reception off to prevent unwanted control of your computer or to prevent pairing with an IR remote control.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, and then click General.
  2. Click the lock icon to unlock it, and then type an administrator name and password.
  3. Click Advanced.
  4. Select “Disable remote control infrared receiver” to turn off IR reception, or deselect it to turn on IR reception.
  5. To configure your computer to respond to the commands of a specific remote control, click Pair, and then follow the instructions displayed.

If you have more than one remote IR device, you should pair the device with your Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 18, 2012 8:24 AM in response to bienne

You can turn infrared (IR) reception on or off in the Security & Privacy preferences. When you turn on IR reception for your computer, any IR device close to your computer can control it. You can turn IR reception off to prevent unwanted control of your computer or to prevent pairing with an IR remote control.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, and then click General.
  2. Click the lock icon to unlock it, and then type an administrator name and password.
  3. Click Advanced.
  4. Select “Disable remote control infrared receiver” to turn off IR reception, or deselect it to turn on IR reception.
  5. To configure your computer to respond to the commands of a specific remote control, click Pair, and then follow the instructions displayed.

If you have more than one remote IR device, you should pair the device with your Mac.

remote control conflict

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.