Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage isn't working

I have not bee able to get iMessage to work between iPhone 3GS and iPad2

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 29, 2011 9:51 PM

11 replies

Nov 10, 2011 8:30 AM in response to merileevf

I'm going to post here instead of making a new one.

Since yesterday, my iMessage does not seems to go through at all and later sends it as SMS text. My sister and I, both have the iPhone 4S and have iMessage turned on and yet it does not go through and sends as a SMS text.

I just sent an iMessage to my other friend who has iOS5 and iMessage worked because after I sent it, underneath the message said "Delivered". Where as when I send it to my sister, it has the blue text but then few seconds later changes to a green text and doesn't say "Delivered".

So I don't know if it's her e-mail or my e-mail that is the issue??

Dec 22, 2011 1:46 PM in response to merileevf

We're having the same problem on 2 iPhone 4s and 2 iPads. Until a couple of days ago if my husband sent an iMessage from his iPhone, I got it on both my iPhone and iPad, but now it just comes on phone which I don't always have with me. He couldn't send any message to my iPad. Our daughter also has iPhone 4s and her iMessages come to both my phone and iPad. Also, when I try to send an iMessage from my iPad to my husband's iPhone, it comes up without the little iMessage logo in the typing box.

I just spent an hour with an Apple tech who couldn't straighten it out. he said to send an iMessage to an iPad, you have to send it to the apple id email. We've never had to do it that way before, we just had to choose "send a message" and pick the iPhone number and it would send to both phones and iPads.

Anyone have an answer?

OS 5.0.1 on all iPhones and iPads

Mar 6, 2012 11:06 PM in response to merileevf

I have same problem too.Since yesterday, I couldnt send imessage to my boyfriend in canada,first it sent as blue color text but didn't show "delivered" status and suddenly it changed to SMS text.It happened since yesterday untill now, but i can send imessage to my other friends within same country.

Will i get my imessage back like normal? Anyone have answer?

iMessage isn't working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.