Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I-Movie: Clip-Functions don't work

I'm working on I-Movie and i'm trying since three days to edit my videos with the functions under the menue point "Clip", but this isn't just possible. All the functions under "Clip" are inactive (shown in a light grey) and i can't use any of them.

I've already unlocked all the clips i've imported (the format of the is .avi), i've marked them to edit them, but there seems no working solution.

Any suggestions to solve the problem?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 2:19 AM

1 reply

Nov 7, 2011 12:20 PM in response to mac-userin

Add video to your project

1. Open an existing project by double-clicking it (don’t click the project’s name directly) in the Project

Library.

If you don’t see the Project Library, click the Project Library button

You select an Event by clicking its name once. The Event footage appears in the Event browser to the

right of the Event Library.

2. In the Event Library, select an Event whose footage you want to add to your project.

If you don’t see the Event Library, click the Event Library button, which is typically located in the lowerleft

corner of the iMovie window.

3. In the Event browser, select a range of video frames or an entire video clip.

To select an entire video clip, hold down the Shift key and click the clip once, so that it’s outlined in

yellow.

To select a portion of a clip (called a frame range), drag across any clip while you hold down the button

on your mouse or trackpad. Selected frames are outlined in yellow.

4. Drag your video selection to the Project browser.

You drag by holding down the button on your mouse or trackpad as you move the selected clip to the

Project browser. You can drag it anywhere: to the beginning or end of the project, or between clips

you’ve already added. A vertical green line, along with a green Add ➕ symbol, appears anywhere you

can place the clip.

Once video is added to the Project Browser window, it may just be the case that the Clip Menu becomes available, and everything will not be grayed out but working as you expect it to.

I-Movie: Clip-Functions don't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.