Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting MIDI files to sound like Quicktime

Hello,

I have a MIDI file of a pop song downloaded from the web. It sounds great when played through Quicktime, but I would like to be able to play it in Logic Express.

When I import it into a new project the sounds are all wrong, the tempo is wrong and it does not sound like it did in Quicktime.

Can somebody explain what I am doing wrong and how I go about solving this?

thanks

Ian

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 8:39 AM

don't try to import it into a new project. just open it by doubleclick in the finder.

then it should use the right tempo and the right sounds. if you don't like the exs24 sounds you can change the used audio-instrument to quicktime-synth (under "apple" in the au-instruments dropdown-menu). normally the midi-file should send all program-changes to the quicktime-synth so the sounds should be the right ones.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2011 8:39 AM in response to OstracodsRus

don't try to import it into a new project. just open it by doubleclick in the finder.

then it should use the right tempo and the right sounds. if you don't like the exs24 sounds you can change the used audio-instrument to quicktime-synth (under "apple" in the au-instruments dropdown-menu). normally the midi-file should send all program-changes to the quicktime-synth so the sounds should be the right ones.

Getting MIDI files to sound like Quicktime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.