Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The attempt to burn a disk failed. An unknown error (-3) occurred

iTunes on Mac OS X burning audio "Disk Format - Audio CD" not allowed. You get message "The attempt to burn a disk failed. An unknown error (-3) occurred." New restriction imposed by MAC OS X. Just an f.y.i. for those who don't know yet.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 7:42 AM

3 replies

Jan 25, 2012 8:21 AM in response to LPatron

I received the same error message then I noticed that one of the tunes in the playlist that I was trying to burn was listed as being 4 minutes long but was in fact playing for only one minute - there had been an error in its downloading. I removed that tune from the playlist and I was immediately able to burn the playlist. Hope this helps you.

Nov 27, 2016 1:58 PM in response to an71e3

I had the same problem and it turned out to be a problem with one of the audio files. It said it was 4:32 and the track actually crapped out at 1:17. Once I removed the faulty track, the cd burned just like they always do. So I would check each track to be sure they all contain all the time that is indicated. I feel confident that you will find one that isn't correct! Good luck!

The attempt to burn a disk failed. An unknown error (-3) occurred

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.