Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with editing Aperture photos with Photoshop Elements 10

When I try to edit with Photoshop Elements 10, Aperture makes a tiff file, starts Photoshop Elements 10 and get to a screen where I have a choice between "editing" or "managing" files. I select editing but when i finally get the editing screen there is no photo to edit. Process worked fine in Elements 9 and Aperture 3.1. Anybody been able to roundtrip with Aperture 3.2.1 and Photoshop Elements 10?

macbook Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Aperture 3.0.3

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 7:48 AM

9 replies

Feb 6, 2012 3:48 PM in response to Bill Veeser

(Aperture 3 and PSE 10; Lion; using Referenced files in Aperture)

I tried Barbara's recommended method and PSE now opens with the image displayed and accepts edits. However, when I save the adjusted image, what I get in Aperture is a TIFF file of that name but with no edits displayed.

When I go to the directory in which the referenced files are located, the adjusted file exists and I can view it.

So, (at least as I have things configured), when accessing PSE from Aperture I am able to make adjustments and save the adjusted file, but the adjusted file does not display in Aperture.

Is anyone having success with Barbara's method using referenced files?

I hope it is not necessary to do a separate import to get the adjusted file to display in Aperture - which would make PSE totally impractical for use.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Feb 6, 2012 7:35 PM in response to rfromatlanta

You need to adjust Elements Prefs for file saving as per this screen shot. "Save over current file" and "Apend File Extension Never" are the keys. The rest of it is default.

I had the problem and these changes fixed it. Hopefully this will fix it for you.

It has to do with Apeture using 'TIF' and Elemenst using 'TIFF' for the extension.

This is in addition to Barbara's tip about selecting the actual App, and has nothing to do with referenced or managed. I use managed BTW, so can't say for sure what will happen in referenced. Give it a try and let us know.

The other solution is to send PSD to Elements.

User uploaded file

Problem with editing Aperture photos with Photoshop Elements 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.