Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Typo in my profile name.

I may be finicky, but I want to change my Support Communities profile name. Incredibly, Apple doesn't seem to provide any way for me to do this.

I don't want to change my Apple ID or my contact email addresses -- just the name that appears on my Support Communities profile. On the welcome page, when I select "Your Stuff" and then "Actions," neither the "Edit profile & privacy" nor the "Edit preferences" option allows me to overtype my name and correct the typo.

Apple phone support tells me they don't provide support for the "website" itself. Apparently this problem falls under that category.

Any suggestions appreciated.

GRrrrrreuben

imac 24, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 9:46 AM

4 replies

Oct 30, 2011 9:53 AM in response to Rreubenhood

I feel you, brother. Look at my name, which was assigned to me without my approval from my real first and last names.

But as you noted yourself, there's no way to change your forum name. Don't worry about it; there are more important things in life than your anonymous ID on a user support forum.

If it's really driving you nuts, you can use a different Apple ID. You don't even have to use that Apple ID for anything other than this forum for the sake of using a different forum handle.

Typo in my profile name.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.