Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop my iPhoto from "quitting unexpectedly" when I try to import photos?

How do I stop my iPhoto from "quitting unexpectedly" when I try to import photos?

Whenever I try to import photos to iPhoto or even just edit photos on iPhoto, iPhoto quits unexpectedly.

When I import a photo, before it is finished, iPhoto closes, and a message comes that says "iPhoto quit unexpectedly"

What should I do? How can I import my photos now? Please help!

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 3:29 PM

1 reply

Jan 16, 2012 9:14 AM in response to bbutler3456

I have found if you iTunes open while importing photos to iPhoto it will quit unexpectedly - try closing iTunes. Also, try selecting and importing 100 or fewer photos per import...seems like it quits more often when trying to transfer large quantities (like over 200 photos).

I wish Apple would update iPhoto with the same auto-sync feature in iTunes so I could sync photo libraries between computers without trying to figure out which ones are new (although as of this posting the other option is purchasing a 3d party photo sync program).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.