Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do stores usually offer Black Friday sales on the iPad?

I know some places like Best Buy offer giftcards with the purchase of an iPod Touch, but does anybody know of any previous Black Friday sales on the iPad?

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 4:22 PM

8 replies

Oct 30, 2011 4:25 PM in response to dromai1

I think a few stores like Marshall's somehow got hold of iPads and offered a limited number of them for discount last November, as a lure to get people in the store, but I understand Apple frowned upon this and would try to stop it from happening if possible. I don't think any of the main distributors of the iPad offered any last year, but we'll find out in a month. It's not a general Apple practice, and it's possible that they put a restriction on the stores they allow to sell them preventing them from offering these discounts.

Oct 30, 2011 5:37 PM in response to dromai1

Chances are, if you see any 'sales' it'll be either iPad 1, possibly ones 'refurbished'. Or what you'll more likely see are accessory packages being given/sold cheaply with purchase to 'sweeten the deal'. ie: buy the ipad2 for 499, get 100 dollars worth of acessories for only 49.95. or something like that.

You might also see 'everyone that shows up is entered into a drawing to win one of X number if ipads'

Oct 30, 2011 6:10 PM in response to PogoPossum

This was last year's Black Friday Sale.

Apple has officially unveiled their U.S. Black Friday sales for their online and retail stores. The discounts are in line with past year events, around 8% depending on the product.

- iMac ($101 Discount across all models)

- MacBook Pro ($101 Discount across all models)

- MacBook Air ($101 Discount on 13" Models%)

- iPod Nano ($11 Discount on 8GB, $21 Discount on 16GB)

- iPad ($41 Discount across all models)

- iPod Touch ($21-$41 Discount depending on model)

The discounts are available on Apple's online store and retail stores on Friday. Meanwhile, 3rd party retailers are offering larger discounts, and depending on your geographical location, you may not have to pay sales tax on the purchase.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/11/25/black-friday-2010-major-discounts-on-apple-a nd-mac-products/

It is best to do a search before making emphatic statements.

Do stores usually offer Black Friday sales on the iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.