Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes crashes on launch

I recently got an iPhone 4S. Around that time I updated iTunes and did all of the necessary syncing to get my phone the way I like it. It has been about 2 weeks or so since I've had iTunes running, and this evening when I tried to start it up the program would hang on launch, and as it was saying that it was "accessing the iTunes store" it would all of a sudden crash. I did this a few times with no change. So I went and looked to see if there were any updates (only one for iPhoto) and then quit all of my running programs (I tend to have many open windows in Safari) and restarted my computer. After my restart I tried to launch iTunes again and this time it seemed to get a little bit further, but it still crashed while trying to access the iTunes store. I tried to see if anyone else was having this issue in the discussions page, but no hits that I could find. Any ideas? I'd love to hear some suggestions please. I would like to sync some new info onto my laptop, and I choose not to use iCloud for everything in order to preserve my battery, among other reasons. Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated, please. And thank you, in advance!

By the way, as far as I know I am running the most recent update of iTunes and I'm still on SnowLeopard at the moment...thanks again!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB DDR3

Posted on Oct 30, 2011 8:24 PM

3 replies

Nov 1, 2011 6:50 AM in response to Janessa Byard

So just now in my school library I tried to launch iTunes again. Whenever I get onto the network here for the first time it take a few seconds for the Internet to fully work so initially it says I have no Internet connection. When iTunes started to run, and it couldn't connect to the store it gave me an error code, and then I pressed the ok button. VIOLA! iTunes stayed running, and didn't crash.

So it seems like the problem is whenever there is an Internet connection is when it crashes on me. However, I did just try quitting and then launching iTunes again with no issue, so I can only guess that there may be something wrong with my Internet connection at home that is causing this issue, but I won't know until I test it out at my house later.

Has anyone ever heard of something like this happening before?

iTunes crashes on launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.