Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4sg Battery Life "FIX" stop battery from draining so fast.

Latest news on 4sg battery life, If your battery is draining too fast try this.

The solution for now seems to be manually switching off the automatic time zone updates located at Settings -> Location Services -> scroll to bottom to System Services -> Setting Time Zone.

angus cooney

Posted on Oct 31, 2011 3:31 AM

3 replies

Oct 31, 2011 3:36 AM in response to JonDo71

Location services can prompt large drains on any smartphone's battery: they use a combination of the Wi-Fi network name, where available, plus mobile mast data and GPS sensor input, to calculate the phone's position. The mobile mast data, for example, is usually calculated by comparing the strength of signals from the three nearest phone masts and triangulating against them. However if such a calculation is made too often, by polling the masts, it will begin to use battery power unnecessarily.

Apr 23, 2012 12:10 AM in response to angus cooney

I'm on 5.1 as of a few days ago.

My 3gs goes from 100% charge over night, to 73% in two hours only on stand by.

not one single text or phone call in or out.

All apps are off, icloud off, bluetooth off, mail off, push off, location sevices off, wifi off.

******* everything off!

Absolutely ridiculous.

If this not solved in the next week or two, I'm chucking this phone and moving over to an android phone.

Utter rubbish.

4sg Battery Life "FIX" stop battery from draining so fast.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.