Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud syncing issues

Ok, I'm new to iCloud but I'm having some synching issues. I thought the way iCloud works is that wherever you make a change (iTunes, Contacts, Mail, iCal, etc), when you sync, everything is updated to that change. For example, if I add a contact or make a change to one of my contacts through my desktop and then sync my iPhone, arent the changes supossed to be made to the iPhone via iCloud?

If this is the case, then I'm having problems with syncing or I have iCliud not properly set up. Any ideas?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 31, 2011 5:04 AM

9 replies

Oct 31, 2011 5:11 AM in response to MKatzenbach

Dogs 'n Front wrote:

For example, if I add a contact or make a change to one of my contacts through my desktop and then sync my iPhone, arent the changes supossed to be made to the iPhone via iCloud?

Yes, provided your desktop is running 10.7.2 and you are signed in in System Preferences>iCloud and have checked the required checkboxes for different kinds of syncing.

Jan 12, 2012 5:25 PM in response to MKatzenbach

Dogs \'n Front wrote:

O'h. I only have 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). I'm confused now because I have the iPhone 4s and iCloud is set up on that plus it syncs with iTunes via iCloud somehow. What am I missing here??

there is icloud available for snow 10.6, the thing is you need to purchase it via appstore.. from there you can now tweak and play around on the syncing, it located on your mac systems preferences after download.. cheers!

Jan 12, 2012 11:49 PM in response to MKatzenbach

Dogs \'n Front wrote:

iedrick.opaw wrote:

there is icloud available for snow 10.6, the thing is you need to purchase it via appstore.. from there you can now tweak and play around on the syncing, it located on your mac systems preferences after download.. cheers!

I looked in the app store but couldn't find iCloud. Did I misunderstand what you meant?

oh! very sorry for the misinformation, i'm probably not up to date.

it's already change to OSX Lion upgrade at 29.99$, think i just saw iCloud app mid or early last year.

anyways, hope you already have resolved this issue, if not just let us know how we can help.. 🙂

cheers!

iCloud syncing issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.