Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fast User Switching

I'm considering switching to the AppleTV 2, and have 2 questions...

1. Since it only streams, I need iTunes running all the time to access my content which means someone needs to be logged-in. If a different person wants to login while the AppleTV 2 is being used, can they use 'fast user switching' without interupting the streaming? Will iTunes still stream to the AppleTV 2 even if its account is in the 'background'?

2. The specs for the AppleTV 2 say it requires iTunes 10.1, which in turn requires Mac OS 10.5. Is this a "firm" requirement, or will it still stream from an older iTunes under Mac OS 10.4?

Thanks

Apple TV

Posted on Oct 31, 2011 11:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2011 12:07 PM

1. iTunes on a user account which is not the current account will stream to the Apple TV, assuming the account is running and iTunes is open. This only works on a mac I believe
  2. So far as I am aware the latest Apple TV software requires iTunes 10.2 which requires OSX 10.5
1 reply

Fast User Switching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.