Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xserve RAID will not mount to my Mac Pro

We just moved the Xserve Raid to another Mac Pro with 2x3 GHz Quad-Core and 16 GB of Ram. I installed the Xserve card, plugged the cables into the tower and into the Xserve, powered it on, installed the updated Raid Admin, but it wont mount. I checked disk utility and I dont see it there either. The lights on each drive are an amber color so I know something is not right. I wanted to find out what step am I missing, if I am missing some software, if pulling the drives out before moving it caused a problem, or any other suggestions. Any help would be greatly appreciative. Thanks!

Xserve, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 31, 2011 1:38 PM

5 replies

Nov 1, 2011 8:58 AM in response to JefferyCC

If you're not worried about the contents of the drives that a good start because I don't think that's recoverable. What does RAID Admin say about all the other components? Are the controllers green? Technically the yellow lights on the drive are supposed to signal drive issues but I don't know why all the drives would suddenly be an issue without a deeper issue.

Fire up RAID Admin and see what's going on - you're going to need it to delete and try and recreate RAIDs anyway.

Good luck,

=Tod

Xserve RAID will not mount to my Mac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.