Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod classic: lines on screen

I have an iPod classic. It's about 5 years old, but still in good condition. The other day, I noticed some horizontal lines had appeared on the screen. They're not scratches or anything...they're like pixely lines, and they remain no matter what screen I go to. Is there something I can do about this, or is it a problem that just comes with age? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Can Apple still cover it if my warranty is long passed?

User uploaded file

iPod classic

Posted on Oct 31, 2011 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 5:39 AM

It looks like a hardware issue with your iPod's LCD display. The only way to resolve this one is to replace the display. Apple can do this for a flat fee or you can also send it to another third party repair service center and have them do the job for a little less.

B-rock

1 reply

iPod classic: lines on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.