Skip navigation

How Long to Charge 4s

35809 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 25, 2012 9:21 AM by Applefreak15 RSS
Adam Rysio Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 31, 2011 7:50 PM

How long does it take people to normaly charge their 4s? I read on this forum it takes someone 2-3 hours. Mine  takes under 2 hours gaining  about 1% per minute. Is this normal. On a side not I am not having the horrible stand-by battery life like many are having, only typically loseing 3-4? over night.

iTunes 10.4, Mac OS X (10.6.8)
  • crh24 Level 3 Level 3 (920 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 31, 2011 7:55 PM (in response to Adam Rysio)

    Sounds normal to me--normal being that's the way mine acts

    iPhone 4, iOS 5, iPhone 4S
  • rimshaker Level 3 Level 3 (515 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Oct 31, 2011 9:04 PM (in response to Adam Rysio)

    From a completely dead battery to 100% takes about 4 hours via USB charging. Using the wall adapter takes roughly 3 hours. From the 20% warning alert to 100% takes about 2 hours via USB. The battery will "fast charge" to 80% pretty quick and then "trickle charge" slowly the remaining 20%.

  • Applefreak15 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 25, 2012 9:21 AM (in response to Adam Rysio)

    Hey! I have an iPhone 4S too. I have some advice about the 3-4% overnight thing. the Battery life degrades when there are several programs open. if you leave these programs open then the battery will lose points quicker. Close these programs. If you don't know how to then it's simple. double click the home button then you'll see all the programs that are open. tap on the app but hold down on it. everything will start to shiver and then you can see a red button on the top left hand corner. this will close the apps.

     

    Hope it helps...

Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.