Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing thumbnails w/ multiple users

I read the answer to this before I started into Aperture 3 but alas, I can't find it.

I set up multiple user accounts, and the library (just started) is in users/shared/..., and permissions for both the library file and the folders it's stored in are read/write for all users.

Seemed to work at first, but now user A can only see thumbnails for photos imported by user A, and user B thumbnails are missing. There is only one library file, and all photos are available to both accounts, just not the thumbnails.

Is there a fix?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 31, 2011 8:12 PM

1 reply

Nov 1, 2011 12:21 AM in response to donnied

Are you running Aperture 3.2.1?

Try if "Repair Permissions" on the Aperture Library will work, if you have not done so already.

Use the Aperture Library First Aid tools:

Press and hold the Option and Command keys as you start Aperture. The Aperture Library First Aid dialog will appear, tlect the first option: Repair Permissions.

If that will not help, inspect the permissions inside the Aperture Library by opening the Package.

Reveal your Aperture Library in the Finder, ctrl-click it, select "Show Package Contents" from the pop up menu.

A Finder window will appear, showing you the contens of your Library. With the most recent Aperture Version you will see Folders named "Masters", "Previews", "Thumbnails".

Select the Thumbnails-Folder and open "Get Info" with cmd-I and disclose "Sharing and Permissions"

If read and write permissions are not set for "everyone", change this (you will need to open the little padlock first) and from the cogwheel at the bottom select "apply to enclosed items".

missing thumbnails w/ multiple users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.