Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4s has an error code 1611

My iphone 4s has an error code 1611 and cannot be restored within itunes

I have only had this phone for less than 1 week when this happened (has not been exposed to water just woke up one morning and this fault had developed) It had been on charge all night and when taking it off charge in the morning it powered off and would not power back on until it was reconnected to charge, even thought when on charge it said that the battery was full. When it was powered on (when on charge) it was searching for signal all the time so could not be used. I then plugged it into itunes and restored the software, it extracted the exsiting software off the phone (so it was back to when you first receive an iphone and it lets you to connect it to itunes) but it is now unable to restore the software, it try's but fails with this message: "The Iphone 'iphone' could not be restored. An unknown error code occurred (1611)."

My phone now powers on within it being connected to charge but just wants me to connect to itunes as though it is brand new

Orange are now completely out of stock in these phones and I have no idea when I will be able to get a new one (anything up to 30 days) which is why I am trying to fix this one!

Please help???

iPhone 4S, iphone 4s, hardware error code 1611

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 7:10 AM

2 replies

Nov 1, 2011 10:10 AM in response to carafromnottingham

Here is Apple Solution: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#error1611

But as you have discovered 1611 is often due to battery failure or internal iPhone power failure. The battery or power management chips are unable to maintain Restore Mode during iTunes Restore Process.

You need to return your new iPhone. When you return it, if you have any problems getting your money back or a new phone, make sure they know this is a Dead On Arrival phone, so you get full compensation if they hassle you.

My iphone 4s has an error code 1611

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.