Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi working but no Internet??

Hi, my wifi is working but Safari tells me I am not connected to the Internet.

iPhone works fine on wifi (I am using it to type this!) a windows pc works fine and a windows vista laptop has no problems. Having looked at many old discussions on here I tried deleting airport and adding it again but it didn't work. I tried changing file sharing preferences I logged into he router to ensure the password was correct and it is (though network diagnostics says "this computer was unable to join the airport network you selected. You may have entered an incorrect password or network name, chosen the wrong type of wireless security or you may be out of range of the base station"

I haven't updated or changed anything. The computer hasn't moved from my desk--it worked two days ago by now it won't. I also tried moving system configuration folder to trash but that didn't work and my attempt to ping 74.125.127.99 as suggested by user BDaqua in an old discussion came up with

Ping: sendto: No route to host

Etc.

I'd appreciated any help on the matter!

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 11:10 AM

1 reply

Nov 1, 2011 2:02 PM in response to Judith Green

Hi Judith,

Have you reset the Router yet?

Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

When you deleted the airport did you do these steps?

Go to System Preferences

Click Network

Highlight AirPort and click Advanced>Airport tab...

Under "Preferred networks”, highlight any there, click the little minus icon

Select your access point and Remove your access point with the minus User uploaded file button.

Launch your keychain access in Utilities and delete your access point keychain entry.

Go back to the “By default, join:” page and click the plus User uploaded file this time to add your access point. Enter the correct password, save, reboot.

Under the Airport icon have you tried Join other Network & filled in everything?

Wifi working but no Internet??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.