Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplay / screen mirrowing everything from iPad to Apple TV?

Hello everyone!

I've been trying to use airplay on my iPad 2 and Apple TV at work. I want to make sure I understand this correctly:

Can I share anything that I see on my iPad 2 with the iOS5 download and Apple TV (with iOS5) on the flatscreen? It seems I can only stream videos and other multi-media content that has that airplay icon. I would like to be able to screen share wirelessly PDF documents, presentations, web pages etc...

Is that possible? I know it works with the cable and HDMI adapter, but can it work wirelessly too?

-Carlos

iPad 2, iOS 5, Apple TV & Airplay / Screen Mirrowi

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 11:38 AM

2 replies

Nov 1, 2011 11:44 AM in response to grothc83

You can, make sure you update your iPad to iOS 5, and updates your Apple TV to the latest software. Once done, connect both to the same WiFi then double press the iPad home button (bring up multitasking bar) and swipe to the left to reveal the brightness and volume stuff. There should be an AirPlay icon, touch and there will be an option for AirPlay mirroring.

airplay / screen mirrowing everything from iPad to Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.