Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I connect my 13in (early 2011) MBP to my Sony Bravia KDL-26

Hi Folks,

I've recently bought a 13in MBP and want to output my HD video to the TV. Is this just as simple as Thunderbolt to HDMI? If not any ideas.

Cheers

Mark

MacBook Pro

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 12:51 PM

yes, it is that simple. although it would be a minidisplay port that support thunderbolt connections.

enjoy!

2 replies

Nov 17, 2011 10:33 AM in response to mbp16941

Hi Folks,

It's easy, there's just a few things you need to know.

Bought the minidisplay to HDMI cable off ebay for about £6.00. Pluged in both ends OK. Had to disconnect the recorder first. Might have to look at some kind of splitter so I don't have to do this every time.

Select the HDMI input on the tele.

At first the TV will only display the basic Mac background picture (stars) You need to 'Mirror' the displays, and sort out the sound.

Go to 'System Preferences' and select 'Displays'. With the Mac plugged into the TV you get an extra tab (Arrangements) at the top of the box. Select 'Arrangement' and check the 'Mirror Displays' box.

Next from System Preferences select 'Sound'. Both 'Internal Speakers' and the TV are listed. Select the TV.

All should be working now.

HD video without Blueray - result!!

Cheers

Mark

How do I connect my 13in (early 2011) MBP to my Sony Bravia KDL-26

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.