Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Active Directory User Pictures with Address Book

Hello,

So, here is a question that I am having some difficulty resolving. We have added a picture to each user object in our Active Directory. These pictures sync with the Contact List in Outlook for Mac 2011. However, I cannot seem to get them to sync with the OS X Address Book. I added in the Exchange settings into Address Book and I am able to get my personal contacts, as well as search the GAL, but none of the images show up.

Any help appreciated.

-Mike

MBP 2.4GHz 4GB RAM 320GB HDD, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 1:02 PM

5 replies

Mar 7, 2013 5:35 AM in response to mibrodt

I had the same issue. I was a bit jealous of the Windows/Outlook guys in our office being able to see pictures from Active Directory. I couldn't find any way to do it so wrote an application to import the pictures. I just released it as beta. I use it with Active Directory and it should work with other LDAP servers but since there's no standard on photo storage across LDAP servers I'm hoping some beta testers could help me out.

http://www.joshjacob.com/mac-development/addressbookpictures.php

The app is free so I hope this doesn't come across as a solicitation. Feedback/input would be appreciated.

- josh

Sync Active Directory User Pictures with Address Book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.