Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto 11 stops responding and freezes everything

I am having problems with IPhoto 11. It randomly stops responding and everything freezes. I've done a disk repair, but each time I do it, it shows as follows:

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/jce.jar", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/jce.jar".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/management -agent.jar", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are -rwxr-xr-x .

Repaired "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/management -agent.jar".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/security/b lacklist", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are lrw-r--r-- .

Repaired "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home/lib/security/b lacklist".

User differs on "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Libraries", should be 0, user is 95.

Repaired "System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Libraries".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Home/lib/security/cacerts", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are lrw-r--r-- .

Repaired "System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Home/lib/security/cacerts".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are lrw-r--r-- .

Repaired "System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar".

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.b undle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar", should be lrwxr-xr-x , they are lrw-r--r-- .

Repaired "System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle/Contents/Resources/JavaPluginCocoa.b undle/Contents/Resources/Java/deploy.jar".

Then when I go back to verify the disk..... I get the message that permissions differ......it's like I'm caught in a loop and the disk repair really isn't working.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with IPhoto 11 haning up......but I'm at a loss as to how to get IPhoto 11 to work correctly. Any ideas?

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 1:36 PM

There are no replies.

iphoto 11 stops responding and freezes everything

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.