Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine Backup HELP!

Hi!

Just bought a WD 1TB my passport Essential SE to back up information from my MacBook. It has been formatted to a Mac and is using Time Machine as a backup. I have tried to make sure that the appliacations (iPhotos, iTunes, etc.) are being saved competlely but when I click on the application I receive an error code saying: The operation could not be completed. An unexpected error occured (error code: 10657). I have read a couple of discussions and now I am using Time Machine to view the files instead of the actual hard drive but when I try to view the pictures on iPhoto for example I can only see the Preview of the icon and not the pictures.. my MacBook has been acting strange lately making beeping noises (hence why I bought the hard drive) I don't want to loose any of the pictures,music, files. And I want to make sure I am saving the data correctly so if anything happens its all there.

Can anyone help!?!

Please and thank you!

Time Machine-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.5.8), external hard drives

Posted on Nov 1, 2011 4:05 PM

There are no replies.

Time Machine Backup HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.