Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Postgres issues post 10.7.2

All,

I'm just about running out of ideas - I have a serious server error post 10.7.2 upgrade - which incidentially I had to reinstall as the first install left me with a server that couldn't even administer itself! I cannot run either the Calendar or Address Book services - I have done some hunting around and traced the issue back to postgres - as it does not appear to be running.

I now seem to have a corruption somewhere in the postgres configuration - trying to start the service using serveradmin results in CANNOT_START_SERVICE_TIMEOUT_ERROR. I have however been able to run the postgres launch command from the command line (having worked out all the switches it needs) and it results in a cannot find "server.crt" error message (no such file or directory). However, if I remove the -c log_statement=ddl from the command line it works without issue.

It is correct this file does not exist anywhere on the hard drive (find . -name server.crt from root returns nothing - it also returns nothing on a server that is working!)

I have hunted through configuration files for references to server.crt but can only find it mentioned in /private/etc/apache2/extras/httpd_ssl.conf (or similar named file) - this however is identical to a working server so seems unlikely to be the cause.

I have also tried running the wipeDB.sh script and this has made no difference

Could really do with some pointers

Martin

Lion Server-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 4:11 AM

2 replies

Nov 2, 2011 8:58 AM in response to Cyrus Daboo

Yes it does - I've even deleted and re-created that log file corrected the permissions and it made no difference

I have a "temporary" work around in place at the moment - I dropped the -c log_statement=ddl from the plist file for postgres rebooted the server and calendar/address book suddenly spung into life - as did large quantities of other systems that said they weren't running when in actual fact they really where?!!?

Still Profile Manager is "screwed" and isn't working at all at the moment, neither is the web or webmail facilites but these are not business critical and the client can cope without them

Postgres issues post 10.7.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.