Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

java not working version 10.5.8

This is the error message I receive when trying to print a mailing label thru Paypal that requires Java:

Java Plug-in 1.5.0_30

Using JRE version 1.5.0_30-b03-389-9M3425 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM

User home directory = /Users/sloanedavis

----------------------------------------------------

c: clear console window

f: finalize objects on finalization queue

g: garbage collect

h: display this help message

l: dump classloader list

m: print memory usage

o: trigger logging

p: reload proxy configuration

q: hide console

r: reload policy configuration

s: dump system and deployment properties

t: dump thread list

v: dump thread stack

x: clear classloader cache

0-5: set trace level to <n>

----------------------------------------------------

imac

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 5:46 AM

6 replies

Nov 2, 2011 5:58 AM in response to davisdogs

Try installing Java Update 10 (which is a combo update) again:

Update 10, 29 June 2011 - This release updates J2SE 5.0 to 1.5.0_30, and updates Java SE 6 to 1.6.0_26. J2SE 1.4.2 is no longer being updated to fix bugs or security issues and remains disabled by default in this update. Support for out-of-process Java applets on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard has been removed with this update.

This release is only for Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later versions of Mac OS X 10.5. http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1359

Nov 21, 2012 6:52 AM in response to davisdogs

i am having this problem as of today. printed a label without incedent from paypal, as i've always done, just yesterday. this morning it's a no go. for me, it's a really big bad problem. i've got a quite a few orders to get out today :/

anything work for you?

i've wanted to upgrade from 10.5.8 but it seems i went to the apple store the day afffter they sold the last disk and i can't skip the upgrade without the mac app store so, stuck.

java not working version 10.5.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.