Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am interested in displaying the view from external observation cameras on an iPad. I would like to connect the cameras to the iPad via the 30-pin connector so I can cable the cameras directly to the i Pad. Can this be done?

I am interested in displaying the view from external observation cameras on an iPad. I would like to connect the cameras to the iPad via the 30-pin dock connector so I can directly cable the cameras to the iPad. Can this be done?

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 8:15 AM

5 replies

Nov 2, 2011 8:49 AM in response to jefffrommequon

but an even more basic question is does this 30-pin dock connector have the bandwidth to handle real-time input from an NTSC camera?

The cable certainly has the 'bandwidth' but the real question is will Apple's iOS allow the camera signal to go through the cable and be read by an app? In any case, it's a mute point since there's no app.

There are already security camera apps in the app store for specific cameras... http://appshopper.com/search/?search=security+camera

Nov 2, 2011 9:49 AM in response to paulcb

Your re-statement of the issue is more accurate than mine--thanks. A quick review of the security apps listed indicates they all require IP cameras and internet connections. The application I have in mind requires a direct hard wire connection and real-time display. If the bandwidth exists in the hardware connection and iOS can deal with NTSC video data streaming in, then all that's missing is an app to enable that to be displayed in various ways. Perhaps there is an ace app developer out there that would enjoy developing such an app for my company?!

I am interested in displaying the view from external observation cameras on an iPad. I would like to connect the cameras to the iPad via the 30-pin connector so I can cable the cameras directly to the i Pad. Can this be done?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.