Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Determining if an iPhone 4 image is HDR

Within Aperture, how can you determine if an iPhone 4 image is HDR?

I found a reference in another post which stated:

If HDR is used, the iPhone 4 adds an Exif tag called 'Custom Rendered' with a value higher than 1.

I verified this to be true when examining EXIF data within Preview and Flickr. Preview listed the Custom Rendered field as "3" while Flickr listed it as "Unknwon (3)"

however, I can't find a way to display the "Custom Rendered" field within Aperture's Metadata panel.

Thanks

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 12:13 PM

Unfortunately if the EXIF field you want isn't included in Aperture's set of EXIF fields there is no way to add it. I just looked in 3.2.1 and it isn't there either.

You could send feedback to Apple Aperture->Provide Aperture Feedback but that's not going to help you short term. You could try looking through all the EXIF data the iPhone supplies and see if anything else changes when doing HDR and then see if Aperture has that field.

Or if you're the one taking the images you could maybe tag or mark the image in some way? Don't have an iPhone so don't know if this is a possibility.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2011 12:13 PM in response to Douglas Weber

Unfortunately if the EXIF field you want isn't included in Aperture's set of EXIF fields there is no way to add it. I just looked in 3.2.1 and it isn't there either.

You could send feedback to Apple Aperture->Provide Aperture Feedback but that's not going to help you short term. You could try looking through all the EXIF data the iPhone supplies and see if anything else changes when doing HDR and then see if Aperture has that field.

Or if you're the one taking the images you could maybe tag or mark the image in some way? Don't have an iPhone so don't know if this is a possibility.

Determining if an iPhone 4 image is HDR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.