Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s battery life

I fully charged (100%) my brand new iphone 4s (ATT) at night and went to bed and woke up with 87% battery life remaining. I closed all background apps, reduced brightness to auto, minimum, and turned off location services for many apps. I also turned off wifi, because I have a good cell signal at home and want to stick it to ATT because I have unlimited data plan. Other than setting my alarm for wakeup at 6am, what is draining the battery so much during a 7 hour sleep cycle?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 4:42 PM

Fix coming within next 2 weeks. Apple is on it.

3 replies

Nov 2, 2011 4:59 PM in response to mtalty

I had the same issue. I found that completely turning off location services made my iPhone 4s battery life more comparable to my old iPhone 4. It is kind of a pain to have to toggle the location services on and off whenever you want to use them but it seems that this is the primary cause of the rapid battery loss.

Nov 9, 2011 9:35 AM in response to mtalty

I have the similar problem with the Iphone 4S i bought 2 weeks ago. Ysterday i called up the customer care, they asked to take a backup and do a restore. Spent a whole 4 hours for this process...still it is the same.

😟 Will wait untill the "FIX". It is so annoying when something does not work the way it should. No matter how wonderful it is to ...

iphone 4s battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.