Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with Garage Band 11 and my TASCAM interface recording Real Instrument

I am using a TASCAM US-122 interface with garage band 11 on a mac at 32 bit running osx 10.6.6. Garage Band preferences / audio input and output set to TASCAM (which means it recognizes it) , but when using Real Instrument for the TASCAM and the track is armed , etc... the record function works when started except "no sound" from the device I am running thru TASCAM is being detected.

I am getting sound out of the TASCAM and simply running an AKAI mpc beat as a test. I am sure there is something simple I have yet to do but not sure what it is in Garage Band.

Can you help ? Thanks. GARY

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 8:11 PM

with the real instrument track selected...

make sure the info pane is showing on the right (click the little "i" on the bottom right to open it; "Real Instrument" should be highlighted in blue on top).

On the bottom of the info pane it says "Input Source" and "Monitor."

Make sure the Input Source is set to the Tascam channel you're using (the channel, mono or stereo, that you've plugged your MPC into).

And if you want to hear it as you record, make sure the Monitor is set to ON.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2011 8:11 PM in response to Penman77

with the real instrument track selected...

make sure the info pane is showing on the right (click the little "i" on the bottom right to open it; "Real Instrument" should be highlighted in blue on top).

On the bottom of the info pane it says "Input Source" and "Monitor."

Make sure the Input Source is set to the Tascam channel you're using (the channel, mono or stereo, that you've plugged your MPC into).

And if you want to hear it as you record, make sure the Monitor is set to ON.

Nov 2, 2011 8:32 PM in response to Penman77

Penman77 wrote:

Thanks I just got it to start working about 10 minutes before your reply , but I appreciate the help. I restarted Garage Band and started a new project , it is now picking up the device sound. I am sure I will need more help soon , HAHA

Actually, I've found that restarting GB / restarting the computer solves most problems!

Happy garagebanding!

Need help with Garage Band 11 and my TASCAM interface recording Real Instrument

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.