Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 4 is stuck on the end call screen

Got a call while it was locked, answered it, talked for a minute hung up now its stuck where I hit the end call, no buttons work and its almost like the phone is frozen.

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 9:40 PM

16 replies

Jan 8, 2012 9:44 PM in response to HaasC

Had a similar issue 3 times now. Every time mu wife called me, after the call the phone would be stuck.

I could turn off the screen but when slide to unlock, it would show the old, stuck calling screen instead of the home screen. I could double click and see running apps, but switching to any of them had no effect. Its like the screen got stuck on top of everything.

I now deleted my wifes contact. I had a custom photo set so I thought maybe thats to blame, maybe something got corrupted. Its not happening every time, and this iphone 4 has been on ios 5 for 2 weeks without any issues. I am at our vacation house though so thats the only thing that has changed, my location. Maybe it has to do with the network?

Jan 8, 2012 9:47 PM in response to Nikolaus Heger

If you selected "Automatically Send" for diagnostics and usage when the device was set up, Apple should be aware of this problem and may be working on a fix.

You said you tried double tap home button to view recent apps had no effect. But did you try holding down on the Phone icon and tapping the red minus ➖ to close the Phone app?

My Iphone 4 is stuck on the end call screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.