Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cracked screen and worn out home button

I have the Verizon total coverage plan and my iPhone is less than a year old. I dropped it and the screen cracked. The home button also is kind of worn out and needs to be pressed pretty hard. Some people thinn my phone is broken when they use it because they can't get the home button to work. Do either of these warrant free replacement from Verizon or Apple?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.2.7

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 9:50 PM

6 replies

Nov 3, 2011 10:28 AM in response to jstag711

You seem to be confusing warranty with insurance. 2 different things. Apple doesn't offer insurance. Only a warranty. You can purchase 3rd party insurance, but that's outside of Apple.

In any case, arguing with you is pointless. Like it or not, the warranty is what it is. You've voided it by accidentally dropping your phone. Your damage won't be covered, and Apple won't repair one problem (home button) and leave the other. You have no way of proving that the home button is "worn out from regular use" and was not broken when you dropped it.

Your options at this point are:

1) out of exchange warranty through Apple for $149

2) finding a 3rd party repair shop since you've no vaild warranty anyway

3) buy a new phone

4) do nothing

Cracked screen and worn out home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.