Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP - trouble syncing ipad and itunes

Hello - hopefully someone can help...before my head explodes.

I've been trying to sync my ipad with my itunes and I continue to receive the following error message: the ipad Kelly's Ipad cannot be synced - the required file cannot be found in addition to the following message on my ipad itself: itunes sync needed high resolution images synced via itunes are missing. connect your device to the computer you sunc photos from and launch itunes to sync them.

I have not done anything differently here...I've synced the same way millions of times. Nothing has changed. Anybody have any thoughts on this..???

iPad 2

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 10:42 PM

2 replies

Mar 4, 2015 6:23 AM in response to kellyfromkelowna

After endless months of frustration about why my iPad would sometimes sync just fine and other times I'd keep getting the popup message:

iPad could not be synced because it could not be found

While perusing some Apple users' documentation for my old, first generation iPad, I finally found this one sentence buried deep:

iPad must be connected to a power source in order for it to sync.

So, it's not enough for your WiFi to be correctly configured and enabled on both the sending and receiving ends, you must have your device plugged into a power source anyway. Yes, it seems counter-intuitive because we tend to think of WiFi as doing away with the need for wires.

Mar 4, 2015 9:19 AM in response to mastorer

This thread was started 3+ years ago.

Anyway, I think I've had some success with WiFi sync without plugging in my iPad to a power source. WiFi sync is buggy which is the reason why I don't really use it. My iPad always shows up in iTunes when I switch on WiFi connection on the iPad. However, when I initiate syncing, (most of the time) iTunes can't find it. It is ridiculous to have the device plugged in to power source to sync successfully over WiFi. If that's WiFi sync requirement, I may as well connect it to my PC and sync it over wired connection.

HELP - trouble syncing ipad and itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.