Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri can't find the network?

Suddenly, Siri cannot find the network. I have reset the networks, shut down all active apps, reset the phone, etc.

I've read through discussions here to no positive end.

Am wondering what network that might be? Why does Siri require a network to write a note?

At any rate, I'd like to have her back :)

TIA,

Barb

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3, iOS 5

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 11:38 AM

Siri needs access to Apple's servers to help with translating speech into text, as well as other services. Suddenly, I have been having the same issues. I rebooted my phone, switch networks on and off, and turned Siri on and off. She just keeps telling me that she cannot access the network.

I need Siri back. Any solutions?

16 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2011 11:38 AM in response to bfmcmillen

Siri needs access to Apple's servers to help with translating speech into text, as well as other services. Suddenly, I have been having the same issues. I rebooted my phone, switch networks on and off, and turned Siri on and off. She just keeps telling me that she cannot access the network.

I need Siri back. Any solutions?

Nov 4, 2011 2:54 PM in response to bfmcmillen

I'll just add a ditto for 4 November, Verizon user. At home last evening Siri was awesome, even when I was just being silly (hey, gotta play with the new toy). I left the house this afternoon ready to use Siri as a tool and... Siri fell flat on her face. I had to try six times to get it to make a simple phone call to a family member while driving.

Apple, yeah this is a beta... Could you give Siri a way to switch back to the old voice dialing feature if the "network isn't available" please? That way I don't have to rely on your servers to make a simple phone call hands-free!

Siri can't find the network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.