Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I reinstall FCP X?

So I want to reinstall FCP X to troubleshoot an issue I've been hacing. I had a friend that did the same thing but couldn't find the way to reinstall it without buying it again. I want to make sure I don't have to do that, so If anyone knows the proper way, let me know. Thanks

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 12:29 PM

7 replies

Nov 4, 2011 7:44 AM in response to 1 Open Loop

Specifically in the App Store, go to the Purchased tab, then click the Install button by FCP X after trashing. Sometimes just going back to the app in the regular Store will indicate you have to re-purchase it.

Also be sure you're logged in with the same App Store/iTunes account that FCP X was originally purchased with.

Jul 1, 2013 4:57 PM in response to BenB

I am about to do this but nervous because after I trash the app, in the Purchases Tab, does it recognize that it's no longer there and change it's status from "INSTALLED" to "INSTALL"?

Or does it say "REINSTALL"?

If the Purchases Tab doesn't say this then I'd have to repurchase presumably and that would suck!

The account is the same one that originally purchased it last year.

Instead of trashing the app can't I just hide the app on a hard drive to experiment?

Thanks everyone.

Jul 2, 2013 5:23 AM in response to julia-fl

Yes, if you are worried you can hide the app somewhere else ......... anywhere out of the Applications folder will do.

However, you may be able to solve your problem - whatever that may be, by trashing the preferences.

Many weird things happen as a result of corrupt preferences which can create a vast range of different symptoms, so whenever FCP X stops working properly in any way, trashing the preferences should be the first thing you do using this free app.

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

Shut down FCP X, open PreferenceManager and in the window that appears:-

1. Ensure that only FCP X is selected.

2. Click Trash

The job is done instantly and you can re-open FCP X.

How Do I reinstall FCP X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.