Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gateway Manager is looking for a Gateway Controller

I have installed Apple Service Toolkit and cannot get the Gateway Manager to open. It is prompting me for a password and the directions ask me to use 'apple'. It says that it is an invalid password. I try the password from the last time I setup the Apple Service Toolkit and it is invalid as well. I chatted with tech support and they gave me some plist to delete and reinstall the tools. I did that and got the same result. I have installed this three previous times with success but I am not sure what the issue is with this time. Any help would be appreciated. I have emailed AST_support@apple.com.

AST-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 12:35 PM

6 replies

Nov 5, 2014 6:04 AM in response to lelio98

This is what was most helpful to me in this situation

http://www.verschoren.com/blog/2014/10/31/searching-for-gateway-controller-updat e

Basically...

Open /Library/Preferences/com.apple.gateway.plist with textwrangler (or the like)

Change "en0" to whatever network interface is connected the diagnostic network (in our case, en4, the thunderbolt to enet adapter that connects to the switch our UUTs connect to)

Reboot

YMMV, but that's what finally worked for us.

Gateway Manager is looking for a Gateway Controller

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.