Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWeb odd link text effect.

I have a Home page in iWeb with some interactive link text. One line previously had a "NEW!" text linking to ann internal page that I wished to update and cause to link to a different internal page. So I over-wrote the text, adding words, then used the hyperlink inspector page to link it to the new destination. All seemed well.

But then, on the Internet in Safari, rolling my mouse over the linked text caused the original "NEW!" to appear, stretched out impossibly long—filling the entire space of the new longer text line. I new it was the original because the text had been changed to "NEW: GoPro Hero 2 Review!" No exclamation point after the NEW.

I've tried rebuilding the line. Copying other text into it. Rebooting the computer. Re-uploading the page. Reloading the page. Rewriting it from scratch—all without success.

You can see the page here: http://www.hdslrreview.com/HDSLRreview/Home.html

It's the green text after the Cameras item.

You won't see the effect on your computer. It doesn't show up outside my own machine, but somehow my Safari shows it, making proofing a hair-tearing exercise.

Is there anything I can do to goose iWeb, my OS X 10.6.8 or Safari to make it stop?

Mac Pro 8 core, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 6 GB RAM

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 1:39 PM

t doesn't show up outside my own machine

That's because you need to clear your browser's cache (Command+Option+E for Safari) and reload the page. That will display for you the correct tooltip.

Just a not about your QT movie at the top of the page. It will only play on those computers that have Quicktime installed. Alot of PCs won't. You might consider using one of the methods on Roddy's iWeb for Musicians site for using alternate methods that are compatible with all platforms. Go to this page on his site: Movie Players

OT

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 3, 2011 1:39 PM in response to Peter Inova1

t doesn't show up outside my own machine

That's because you need to clear your browser's cache (Command+Option+E for Safari) and reload the page. That will display for you the correct tooltip.

Just a not about your QT movie at the top of the page. It will only play on those computers that have Quicktime installed. Alot of PCs won't. You might consider using one of the methods on Roddy's iWeb for Musicians site for using alternate methods that are compatible with all platforms. Go to this page on his site: Movie Players

OT

iWeb odd link text effect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.