Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New users I create in WorkGroup manager cannot log into server

hey everyone! I realize this is prolly an easy fix, I'm just failing to see where I'm going wrong. When I create a new user on our mac-mini server using Workgroup manager, I give him a username and a password.

We use the server to connect and manage our files on there, and we just recently got 2 new emplayee's which I've gone ahead and added their users names and respective passwords, ALL default settings including the checkbox that says "User can: access account"

however, when i try and connect via Finder to the server with the newly created login credentials, says "invalid username and password"

I've of course, double and tripple checked that we're typing the right passwords and login names, and I've also restarted the macmini and client servers.

Whats going wrong here? It didn't do this before when I initially set up the first group of user accounts.

Thanks for any help!

-Leo

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 4:05 PM

There are no replies.

New users I create in WorkGroup manager cannot log into server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.