Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Titles created in Boris title crawl disappear after render

I build a title roll in Boris Title Crawl for a weekly TV show that I edit in HDV 1080i60 (that is how I get the footage) that airs on Dish Network and DirecTV. I build the end credits in Boris Title Crawl using the "Roll" animation style. The roll will appear in the perfect position on the screen. However, sometimes over time and subsequent rendering, the titles will disappear completely from the screen, and I believe they are being positioned far off to the side outside of the viewable area. The wireframe for the roll remains in the correct position, it just appears empty. If I re-open Boris Title Crawl and then click "apply" again, the mispositioning is corrected, at least for a while. If I try to export using quicktime conversion to another format (Quicktime Movie with H.264 compression), the roll might disappear again, and the movie will export without the roll. This has only been happening since upgrading to FCP 7, I don't recall it every happening with FCP 6. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 4:21 PM

2 replies

Nov 3, 2011 7:01 PM in response to creativejedi

I don't use Boris regularly, but when I have, I never encountered this, and I doubt it's related to upgrading to 7. If I understand correctly what you're describing, the changes could be caused by any number of things – like whatever cutting took place on your TL "over time and subsequent rendering" causing re-renders.

How many v tracks do you have and is the crawl on a separate track? Consider exporting the credits clip as a QT movie and reimport it.

And somewhat off topic, typically I get better (and far more predictable) results by exporting my sequence as a QTMovie (current settings) and do all encoding (e.g., H.264) in Compressor.

Good luck.

Russ

Titles created in Boris title crawl disappear after render

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.