Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4S battery s*****ks. How do I fix it?

I had iphone 4 which had pretty awesome baattery life. I just bought iphone 4S and now I am realizing that iphone 4s's battery *****. I heard that it is because of iOS5. I also turned off location services and everything. Even wifi. Brightness is down to very low. I can barely get through a day without charge by having these settings. I didnt buy new iphone to sacrifice all this. I am thinking of returning this iphone and maybe getting Galaxy S II, if apple doesnt come up with fix for it soon.

Anyone know if there is any fix already out there? I have been looking for update everyday.

😟

iPhone 4S, iOS 5, Battery

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 6:03 PM

2 replies

Nov 6, 2011 5:49 PM in response to VDon

I had the same problem, and this has worked for me so far. It has made a HUGE difference. Forget all of the usual suggestions about shutting the Bluetooth, WiFi, etc. Until Apple issues a 'fix' over a new update, this will make the situation livable with very little sacrifice in performance. The only inconvenience is that if you travel time zones a lot, you will have to change the time manually. But at least your phone will work as expected without charging it every 4 hours.

Go into the LOCATION SERVICES

SYSTEM SERVICES

and turn OFF the Location based ads and SETTIG TIME ZONES.

The full article I found can be looked at here:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/10/31/fix-horrible-iphone-4s-battery-life-with -one-setting/

I hope this works.

My iPhone 4S battery s*****ks. How do I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.