Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync Icon On my Top Menu Bar Suddenly Appearing !

Hi,

After 3 weeks of Lion, Icloud and Ios 5 Update, I notice the sync Icon on my Top Menu Bar. On clicking it it shows me SYNC NOW option.

What is this for ? It was never there earlier and I have not changed a single setting & not done any recent updates either. Why is this suddenly appearing. On Googling for the same it shows only how to remove it by Option Dragging it off... But does not say how to get it back. Do i need this ?

The only change I Notice just yesterday when I saw this Sync Symbol, is that on adding or deleting Calendar events on my Iphone, I would have to launch iCal on my Imac Earlier to see the updates. But now even though iCal is off (QUIT), it automatically launches and updates the entry. This is great but I only want to know how is this all happening automatically since just yesterday.

On my other User profiles it is not hapening automatically and the sync icon is not visible !

Please help.

thanks

cyrus !

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 10:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 8:15 AM

you can remove the sync icon by holding down the command key and then drag the sync icon from your menu bar

1 reply

sync Icon On my Top Menu Bar Suddenly Appearing !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.